Chicken Breast with Creamy Pepper Sauce
11.5” Sauté pan
- Calories 174,4
- Proteins 21,7 g
- Fat 3,8 g
- % Fat 22,4 %
- Carbohidrates 8,1 g
- Fiber 0,5 g
- Cholesterol 54 mg
- Sodium 242 mg
- 4 Skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves
- 1 Tsp. Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 1 Large red bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 Large yellow bell pepper, seeded chopped
- 1/4 Tsp. salt, optional
- 1/4 Tsp. pepper
- 1/4 Cup dry vermouth, or white wine, or chicken stock
- 1/3 Cup nonfat sour cream
Preheat skillet over medium heat until several drops of water sprinkled in pan skitter and dissipate. Brown chicken, about 3 to 5 minutes, until chicken loosens from pan; turn and brown other side 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown. Remove to heated serving platter; keep warm.
In same pan over medium heat, combine oil, onion and bell peppers; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes, until tender. Stir in salt, pepper and sugar; return chicken and any juices to pan. Add vermouth. Cover with Temp-Tone® control OPEN; cook until tone sounds. Reduce heat to LOW, CLOSE control and simmer 10 minutes.
Remove chicken to heated platter. Simmer vegetables, uncovered, a few minutes, if necessary, to reduce liquid.